The Pakistan national cricket team toured Australia in the 1964–65 season and played 4 first-class matches, including the inaugural Test match between Australia and Pakistan in Australia. The two countries had already played each other in Pakistan.
During this tour, Arif Butt became the first Pakistani player to take a five-wicket haul on his Test debut, taking six wickets for 89 runs.
Test series summary
- Playfair Cricket Annual 1965
- Wisden Cricketers Almanack 1965
- Bill Frindall, The Wisden Book of Test Cricket 1877-1978, Wisden, 1979
- Chris Harte, A History of Australian Cricket, André Deutsch, 1993
- Ray Robinson, On Top Down Under, Cassell, 1975